How to play Clan Skryre. There is a common misconception that Double GF is not only the only way to play Clan Skryre but the best way. It’s not and hasn’t been for a long time. It’s also super boring and not the most interesting so something else is needed. I took this to a teams event and it did well. It’s less rounded than some of my other lists and the definition of a glass canon army but with the right matchup it’s devastating
Skryre! Reroll spells and casts and chip damage
strength in numbers also comes into effect in Jezzails! Remember that because it’s important.
Artefacts, Command Traits & Abilities
The new edition has hurt and also helped Skryre. They have no command abilities and are kind of a go hard or go home type of army. Committing to max damage and mortals is what Skryre does best. The vigordust injection is for you Jezzails and Jezzails alone (I once gave it to an acolyte and killed one and the other 4 fled).
The cloak on the arch warlock is so you can fly over your screen into cover with mystic shield for a 2+ rerolling 1’s save and to skink out of combat when rend comes your way!
Arch warlock – get him stuck in he’s underrated in combat and surprisingly tanky. Give his reroll to the arkspark engineer to reroll the warp lightning canon if needs must. Get him near to stormfiends to reroll charges
Warlock engineers. Mortal wound wizard support heroes. Give steroids to your Jezzails
- Skryre acolytes – battleline tax and to zone units from coming behind you. There to stand in an objective the whole game. Try placing 2”s behind your Clanrat screen so if your opponent wipes them out they’re stuck in combat with 5 Skryre acolytes. Proceed to hand away priority
- Clanrats – Screen those squishy Jezzails!
- Jezzails – shoot shoot shoot! The reason for 12 is because throughout the course of the game you’ll kill them yourself. Try not to move unless you have to but mortals in the shooting phase and rend otherwise make for a very high damage unit.
- Stormfiends – Anothet tax really but a fun one. I’ve gone for grinderfists and 2 doomflayers for rend and board control. They’re self sufficient hit hard on the charge. Only go shock gauntlets if you have packmaster allies otherwise this build is much better in my opinion
- Rattling gun. Another tax but this guy is occasionally amazing and always funny so I wish I could take more.
- Warp Lightning canon. I’m geneslly not a fan of these outside the formation but the 2 shots a turn with a reroll makes it an excellent, though inconsistent hero sniper
Clan Skryre – shoot Jezzails twice per turn and shoot your canon twice per turn
Clanrats – meat shield. Retreat and charge and tie up units to shoot off. Keep them close to a hero for inspiring presence
Magic, Endless & Realm Spells
You have offensive spells so use them. Get the arch warlock stuck in. His artefact and cloak makes him incredibly fast
Deploy Jezzails aggressively knowing you will likely go first as your Clanrat screen is there to run forwards for zoning purposes and objectives. Shoot shoot – yes yes! Their threat range is massive and if you deploy aggressive the shooting and survivability is better.
Terrible against Sylvaneth…..
Kill expensive heroes, and units, just killing stuff in general is what Skryre is best at