Welcome to the sharp end of the KO stick. The Endrinrigger is a 2 wound model with a wide range of utility and weapon options. Wether it’s wiping out the enemy unit, dying (sometimes far too quickly) or using its movement shenanigans to get waaaay out of combat Riggers will not last long in a fight but they will generally cause more damage than they take. A fragile unit with high damage output and crazy mobility it is a must take in any KO and almost any mixed order list that can take it!
Units That Synergise With It
- Use the Khemist buff on the saws for this unit and you’re getting double the attacks on an incredible profile. This is really the meat of some of the most successful KO armies.
- Not only can these “balloon boys” be deployed off the board (and possibly even “deepstruck” (is that even a word?)) by putting them into a ship, but they wont prevent you from putting anyone else in the boat. They can also hang out in the boat to keep them away from threats, heal the boat for 1 every turn (per unit of Endrinrigger) and then be deployed as close as 3″ to an enemy (not likely but possible).
I’m sure there are more feel free to comment and I will try to add it.
Units it Synergises With
They make units deader not better… ;P
meh, the big one is the Khemist buff really. The battleshock buffs avail from some skyports/codes is kind of nice as these guys are often quite a ways away from most heroes or other buffing units, I guess.
How to Use the Unit in Game
These guys are your reliable damage output in an army that has very little reliability.
Pros & Cons
- crazy damage output potential
- massive mobility: 3″deploy from ship +12″ move +6″ skyhooks +24″ Grapple move =45″ total movement
- Massive threat range: 45″+ 12-24″ Depending on loadout.
- SOOOO SQUISHY: 2 wounds @4+ save means these guys get SHREDDED as soon as anything even looks at them!
- No seriously, they are so much squishier than you think. and they WILL be prioritized.
- As with all of KO mistakes made while playing this unit hurt very badly. KO in general are a very onforgiving army to play every mistake will cost you huge!
Every KO kit I have built has been amazing!! The ships and “balloon boys” do require sub assemblies for a proper paint job. Otherwise the sprues are all really well laid out. The pieces fit nicely together with few mold lines or spaces. As always there are some contact points that make clipping the piece off of the sprue a bit tricky but if you’ve ever built a GW model before you will have encountered this already.
Please leave a comment if you think I’ve missed something and I would be happy to try and fix it!